Sunday, July 15, 2012

Information Gathering and Reading


Motivation

Invest in others if you want to be good. Invest in yourself if you want to be great.


My Path

0730 is pretty close to “sleeping in,” right? It is compared to when I have to wake up tomorrow. Tomorrow is a 0525 muster, so I will probably be up around 0430 to get a small breakfast in my room and a good stretch in. But today was somewhat stressful with trying to gather financial information due to the lack of Internet. My roommate, a LT from across the hall, and I made a trip to the PX to grab WiFi at Starbucks to gather reading materials and our financial information that we have been assigned to document. It’s not the easiest thing to do on a Sunday when all the financial businesses are closed and there is limited information on the Internet. But I was able to get what I thought would suffice for the time being.

I decided to finally invest in a mattress pad, and boy does it feel amazing so far. Hopefully it will prevent the stiff back that I woke up with this morning. There was some more grocery shopping done and I was able to play a little catch up with the 2012 Reebock CrossFit Games (you’re welcome for the free advertising, Reebock). I realized today that I had missed the entire weekend of events. It’s pretty upsetting. I watched some of the heats from different events on YouTube and some highlight videos put together on the Games’ website. There are some crazy WODs thought up by the CrossFit HQ staff and being destroyed by some amazing athletes. I wish I could have seen it all go down. Once we get some interwebs I will have to check some more videos out.

My day consisted mainly of reading. The LT from across the hall hooked his laptop up to my TV and we watched the first episode of Vietnam in HD. It tells some pretty amazing stories, accompanied by some moving video. The recent hand tear made my morning workout a bit tough as my grip strength was weakened, but I think I will be just fine for the pullups in tomorrow’s PFT. I’m not expecting a 300/300, but I’ll score in the high 290s. I wanted to go heavier on the barbell, but my time was cut short. Another early night for an earlier morning.


WOD

Power Clean Technique Work
5 Power Cleans @ 65# x 3
3 Power Cleans @ 75# + 30 Unbroken Double Unders x 2
2 Power Cleans @ 115# + 30 Unbroken Double Unders x 2
2 Power Cleans @ 135# + 30 Unbroken Double Unders x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment