Saturday, July 21, 2012

Short Days that Take Forever

Motivation
 
"I firmly belive that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...victorious."
- Vince Lombardi


My Path

I apologize for not getting a post up yesterday. It was one of those days where not a whole lot was done, but it took forever for it to get finished.We took an Intro Review Exam and then it was another typical day of briefs, which were over by 1100, and we wouldn't have another until 1400. I made sure I had my paperwork finished for our "Green Jacket" folders. This was the only thing we really had to worry about for the day. We had three quick briefs and then turned over to collect all of the paperwork. This was about 1530. To sum it up...we didn't secure until about 1900. Some people were missing things, while others had it filled out incorrectly. It was a mess to say the least. But then we headed out to Poncho Villa's for dinner.

This morning I woke up to get a good workout in, since I missed it yesterday. Then I gathered up all of my needed uniforms to go to The Marine Shop to have them tailored. It's amazing how much your body can change in just a year. Then I headed over to the Mainside MCX to check on a few items and books I was interested in. Didn't buy anything, thank God, but had some lunch. I didn't want to spend too much money today, because I already knew I'd be dropping about $300 on a new pair of boots. While at OCS we were issued two pair of boots. The problem about it was that we were never given ample time to fit them properly. My feet were pretty jacked up for twelve weeks over two summers. That's the last thing I need for these six months. I purchased a pair of Danner RATs. They will be my field/hump boots. Properly fitted and durable. The rest of my day consisted of getting more reading and online courses finished, dinner at B-Dubs with a group of the guys, and finally setting up my XBOX360. Just watched the first episode of season four "Breaking Bad." I may be a bit distracted until I finish this season.


WOD

Wendler 5-3-1 Strength: Week 4 "Deload Week" (40%x5, 50%x5, 60%x5)
Deadlift: 155#, 195#, 230#

Courtesy of  Guerrilla CrossFit
5 Rounds for Time - 3:41
5 Deadlift @ 275#
10 Burpees

No comments:

Post a Comment