Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Weapons Familiarization

Motivation

"Greatness is a lot of small things done well."
- Ray Lewis

My Path

I FINALLY GOT PAID! I just wanted to put that out there. I could get used to it, but something tells me I should hold onto some of that money. Looks like I might have gotten over-paid. We'll see though. Now to pay off student loans with the USAA Career Starter Loan I'm about to receive. Much lower interest rate than my private loans. That's one thing that my SPC pushed hard in my initial interview, and a good piece of advice I would give to new Lieutenants. Get rid of the high interest debt, even if it means making a larger payment each month. You won't pay as much in the long run, and your new officer pay will allow you to make more than the monthly pay. You should be able to pay off your Career Starter in less than the five years they give you. Just make it a priority.

So today consisted of weapons handling, nomenclature, and a practical application test. I've done this each summer of OCS, so twice there, and now once at TBS. Something tells me that this is SOP for anytime that you receive a weapon for the first time at a new unit, just for safety reasons. It's nice to have a weapon back in my hands though. I didn't get to go to the range as often as I had wanted before TBS, but we will have plenty of range time before qualification next Friday. After we qualify, the next three days will be combat and night live fire exercises. Things will be a bit stressful and pressed for time the next couple of weeks. Just giving everyone a heads up that I won't be able to make many, if any, posts during that time. I anticipate that the next couple of days will be uneventful, so I plan to write about my goals in the Marine Corps in my next post. This is in response to a letter I received from one of my Fraternity Brothers. If there's anything that anyone wants to know, don't hesitate to write me an email or letter and I'll do my best to answer it here or in a personal response. But during times like these I'm running out of material. All we do is sit through classes, essentially, and then I go PT after we are secure. Please ask questions.

Thanks again to everyone for the support and views. Still blown away by how many people are taking the time to read this stuff. Let me know what you think or what you want to hear about. OORAH!


WOD

Wendler 5-3-1 Strength: Week 2 (70%x3, 80%x3, 90%x3 or More)
Bench Press: 170#, 195#, 220# (7 Reps)

Weighted Cindy
20 Minute AMRAP - 28 Rounds + 5 Reps
Boots and Utes w/ 16.5# PC & Pouches
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Air Squats

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your interesting and informative blog. I have enjoyed reading it and appreciate the work you have put into it. Here is some relevant information for you to review .
    kids tactical vests

    ReplyDelete