Friday, July 13, 2012

Laid Back Day: Not Expecting Many of Them


Motivation

Toughness is the ability to consistently perform toward the upper range of your talent and skill regardless of competitive circumstances.


My Path

Even though we didn’t have to be awake for accountability until 0615 I still woke up at 0500 so that I could get morning chow and get a little bit of reading done before performing my first platoon duty. It wasn’t much at all; just sweeping the ladder well (stairwell) on my side of the SOQ. Not a bad gig, especially now that it’s not part of my platoon’s area of responsibility (AOR). Get used to the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms), they are prevalent in the Marine Corps. After sweeping the ladder wells we were free to do what we wanted on Camp Barrett until 1100, which we gathered for platoon afternoon chow. Then it was an afternoon full of briefs.

A very uneventful day, but a lot of information to learn and more assignments given.; more reading and memorizing! I might have to start keeping a “To Do” list with how much is assigned out here. We have the weekend free to ourselves, but must have fresh haircuts by Monday. It sounds like I’ll have to get a haircut every weekend. The good news is that I will be near an area with reliable WiFi and cell phone service. I’ll get this post published and get a phone call into Comcast to see if they can get my internet activated. The aggravation is starting to set in.

It never bothered me while I was at OCS that I was cut off from the entire world. We had no cell phones, no newspapers, no Internet access, and we were perfectly content. Everything we ever needed was provided for us by our staff and the supply/cash sales department. But now that that we have to provide for ourselves and the majority of what we need is located online, it’s a bit frustrating that it’s next to impossible to reach it without jumping through several hoops. Hopefully I can get something figured out with Comcast to get the Internet going. Not having cell phone service in the bunker that is the SOQ doesn’t make it much easier. I thought it would be better being on the top deck, but the service is just as unreliable as being on the first. The best way to contact me is via text message, but I may not get it until I am out of class. Heywood Hall is a bunker of an academic building. I guess I should have expected that from a Marine Corps Base. And for those of you trying to post comments to this blog, you may need a Google+ account to do so. Run a search on it and it’s easy to find and get set up. You can also sign up to “Follow” my blog, adding you in an email list so that you will be notified whenever I publish a new post.

I looked over the statistics for my blog. I was blown away by the number of page views it has received. It means so much to me that many of my friends and family are reading what’s going on in my life. It shows me your support for what I am doing, and I greatly appreciate it. I hope that as the Period of Instruction (POI) picks up I will be able to maintain the volume and consistency of my posts. I’m sure I’ll have so much more to tell you about once we start “real” training.


WOD

Every Minute On The Minute (EMOTM) for 30 Minutes
5 Strict Pullups, 10 Pushups, 20 Crunches

Wendler 5-3-1 Strength: Week 3 (75%x5, 85%x3, 95%x1 or More)
Military Press: 115#, 130#, 145# (3 Reps)
Deadlift: 290#, 325#, 365# (2 Reps)

No comments:

Post a Comment